The Emergency Food Assistance Food Program provides food assistance to qualifying individuals through the distribution of United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) commodities.
Clients are eligible to receive food from TEFAP if they participate in any of the following programs:
- SNAP (formerly Food Stamps)
- Low-Income Energy Assistance Program (LEAP)
- Old Age Pension (OAP)
- Aid to the Needy Disabled (AND)
- Aid to the Blind (AB)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF)
- Medical Eligible Foster Children
- Commodity Supplemental Food Program (CSFP)
If you are NOT participating in any of the above programs, your household income must meet federal income guidelines.